Co-Teacher, STEM Summer Program
at Washington Community Fellowship
This position is envisioned to be a temporary part-time position (see job timeline below) and reports to the Summer Program Coordinator & Minister, Children and Communications.
The Mission of the learning initiatives at WCF is to share the love of Christ with students in the neighborhood through safe learning spaces, adult supervision, and opportunities to explore their relationship with God and to address the Pandemic Learning Gap as it has affected student’s social-emotional learning and their academics.
- Spiritually mature and committed to Jesus Christ
- Committed to WCF’s vision, mission, and core values statements and the doctrinal statements adopted by WCF throughout its history
- Cares about connecting people from all walks of faith in Christ
- Thrives in an environment where team input and ideas are welcomed and challenged.
- Team player that works well with others
- Passionate about the development and nurture of love for Jesus in children
- Possesses Capacity and desire to lead and equip youth Possesses a positive and encouraging attitude
Job Timeline: July 1, 2021 - August 6, 2021
July 1 - July 2: Training/Orientation - 12:00pm-4:00pm (8 hours)
July 5 - July 9: Preparation - 12:00pm-4:00pm: (20 hours)
July 12 - July 16: Camp Session 1 - 8:00am-4:00pm (40 hours)
July 19 - July 23: Camp Session 2 - 8:00am-4:00pm (40 hours)
July 26 - July 30: Preparation - 12:00pm-4:00pm: (20 hours)
August 2 - August 6: Camp Session 3 - 8:00am-4:00pm (40 hours)
Desired Qualifications for Position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience working with youth (preferably middle school and upper elementary students)
- Proven experience in maintaining a nurturing student environment
- Previous experience in facilitating lessons, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), and classroom management is a big plus
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Engage in preparation and daily execution of camps
- Oversee & partner with Learning Assistants to lead educational activities
- Supervise and support youth Monitor and perform good COVID safety techniques for disease and infection control.
- Ensure children have adequate supplies for various activities.
- Supervise children while they are playing outside or on a playground.
- Monitor children on field trips.
- Ensure that space is clean and ready for student arrival; clean at the end of each session
- Communicate with parents when necessary
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.